Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cam's a Survivor

Cameron survived his first assassination attempt today. His would-be assassin? An unlikely party in the form of an 8-lb. toy poodle: my parents' precious pup, Lizzie. When Mike dropped off Cam at my parents' house this afternoon, Lizzie "greeted" him by jumping on his back, propelling him face first into the pointy part of the brick porch.

Mike witnessed it all, and this is how he described it to me: There's no doubt in my mind this was an intentional act. I saw it happen in slow motion. Lizzie ran up to Cameron, deliberately looked at the bricks, and then jumped up on Cam. I saw how her front legs were bent at first and how she extended them with full force once she made contact with Cam's back. This was followed by a twirling scissors kick and a gleam in her beady little eye.

Apparently, there was another incident later in the day. Somehow Cameron pinched his fingers in a drawer in the kitchen island. I'm convinced Lizzie was the mastermind behind that one too. I'm wondering if Lizzie was avenging Reilly for the attack on his life last 4th of July?

Here is Cameron's war wound. At least now he has street cred in his library class.

1 comment:

  1. I distinctly whitnessed a different happening. Yes Lizzie was involved but the intent was some how dramatically enhanced for reader manipulation. Lizzie is so sheltered that when someone comes to visit she goes nuts with enjoyment. She see's Cam as a big people and jumped up on him in the same manor she jumped on Mike. Mike didn't fall and wack his head, so obviously my grandson was a bit unstable when surprised by a poke in the back. I have to admit grandpa's stomach ached when he saw it happen though. I am so glad he is a tough kid. Check out grandpa's photo's in FB and you will see a very different kid from this photo.

    ReplyDelete