Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

'Tis the season to give thanks, so here is my laundry list of things I'm thankful for this year, in no particular order:

Let's get the obvious one out of the way...I'm incredibly thankful for our sweet little boy. He's happy, healthy, and thriving - what more can a mother ask for? Whenever I see his face light up with joy or hear his infectious laugh, I am 100% content. Being a mother is completely undescribable, and I'm so happy to be one.

I'm thankful for a husband who reads Parents magazine in the bath. Seriously.

I'm thankful that Reilly is tolerating Cameron. Even after the American flag incident (see previous July 4th post).

I'm thankful for my boss who kindly accommodated my request to change my work schedule to 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, so that I can watch Cameron when Mike sees clients in the afternoon. I'm so thankful that we've been able to spend all this time with Cameron and delay daycare.

I'm thankful for parents and in-laws who showed Mike and how me how to be good parents.

I'm thankful for Cameron's full head of hair. I love that people comment on it everywhere we go.

I'm thankful for Chick-fil-A's spicy chicken sandwiches, and I'm especially thankful for the occassional free coupon in the mail. What will those poor-spelling cows think of next?


I'm thankful for Olympic curling, Parenthood, and the Bravo network. I spent countless hours watching all of those things on TV during maternity leave. By the way, Parenthood is my show, no matter how much Mike tries to claim it.

I'm thankful for Cameron's "treasure," the battery cover on the remote control. That has provided endless hours of entertainment. His happiness is my happiness.

I'm thankful for uninterrupted sleep. I didn't realize what a treat it was until I didn't get a full night's sleep for six months.

I'm thankful for hand-me-downs. So thankful that I feel the need to return the favor and share clothes and toys with others - pay it forward, yo.

I'm thankful for friends with kids close to Cameron's age. It's nice to talk to other people who completely relate to what you're going through.

I'm thankful that I've been able to breastfeed for 9 1/2 months. Even though I'm not making as much milk anymore, every ounce counts!

I'm thankful for Chris Johnson. I rode his coattails to win the War of the Roses fantasy football league last year, and I'm counting on him to at least get me into the playoffs this year. Considering Tom Brady blew up today with 40+ points, I need a big game from CJ this week.

I'm very, very, very thankful for my best friend and help mate, Mike. There's no one whom I'd rather spend more time with and no one who can make laugh as much as him. He is a wonderful father, and I don't tell him that often enough.


I am so blessed. My cup runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! I can relate to many of them, and it made me smile. :0) Oh, and Parenthood is by far the best show on television! So glad you enjoy it as much as we do. Yes, I said "we." Aaron and I actually agree on a television show. It's a miracle! I'm thankful for that. Miss you guys, hope to see you someday soon!

    ReplyDelete