Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm afraid

So Cameron has taken to taunting Reilly while he eats. He routinely takes his food and holds it over the edge of his high chair. Sometimes, when he holds disdain for whatever new food the parentals are trying to force on him, he will look away from the dog and coldly open his hand as though he can't even bear to watch this piece of rubbish be eaten by anyone. Those are the good times for Reilly. It's like he's in a club with Pac Man Jones, except Cam is making it rain bite size solids. Other times, Cameron will hold his food tightly in his hand and hold it over the edge of the high chair with a big smile on his face. Then, as Reilly starts to get close to the food, Cameron will quickly pull the food out of Reilly's reach and squeal with delight. The psychologist in me is now thinking - deliberately tries to provoke others? Check. Enjoys to see other's suffer? Check. Cruelty to animals? Check. Anyway, this little exchange usually ends with Cameron eating the food in his hand and staring at Reilly from his throne with supreme arrogance. Well, today during a late breakfast, we had a slightly new exchange. Cam held out the food to Reilly, but keep it there longer than usual. Reilly, tired of this little munchkins' antics, got more assertive and began to take the food out of Cam's Kong-Fu like grip. Reilly seemed to be being really gentle and doing a good job of discerning between raisin toast and fingers. But, I decided that this interaction was questionable and put Reilly outside for the remainder of the feeding until I had time to sort out my stance on this.

Lets fast forward 10 minutes later. Cam is playfully feeding me a banana cookie when I happen to glance toward the back window and see Reilly's snout pressed against the glass. There was a look of rage in his eyes that made me shudder. I've never been caught in an act of betrayal like that and the look in his eyes chilled me to the bone. I now live in fear of his retaliation...

No comments:

Post a Comment