Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Daycare Update

This week marks Cameron's third week in part-time daycare. He's still adjusting, but I think he's slowly getting used to it. When I pick him up in the afternoon, he seems pretty happy, although he also seems very relieved to see me. Mike, on the other hand, may be the one who's having the most difficult adjustment. He tells me every day he hates dropping him off, because he can't stand Cameron's screaming when he leaves. He hates being the bad cop, while I get to be the good cop. What can I say? I guess I'm the Phil Dunphy in this relationship. :)

Last week, Cameron's teacher gave us an update, which I thought I'd share with you:



"Cameron is getting much more comfortable exploring the classroom (without his blanket!) and interacting with the other children on his own. We had a messy lunch today, but he loved the sloppy joes. :) He enjoyed reading books, playing with the animals with some of the other boys, and is very interested in all of the toys on the manipulatives shelf. Just a few pictures to show how he's doing - I know drop-off can be tough, but we're making lots of progress and seeing more smiles every day. He's a really sweet boy, and we're so glad to have him. :)"

Funny side note: this was Mike's initial response to reading the report, "This picture makes it look like we're sending our child to a nudist daycare."

No comments:

Post a Comment