Saturday, July 3, 2010

First Haircut

Today I robbed my son of his identity. I single-handedly stole his cuteness factor away from him. Today...was Cameron's first haircut. (Sorry to break the news, Jason - we know how much you love his hair.)

I'd been thinking that Cam's hair was getting pretty long and that maybe we should get it cut. As you will see in a picture below, the hair above his ears could almost touch his shoulder. And then Mike's stodgy co-worker said that we should get him a "boy's haircut" - see Mike's previous blog entry. That remark swayed me and I decided we should bite the bullet and just do it.

So this afternoon, we took Cameron to a cute kids salon by our house, Pigtails and Crewcuts. He can't sit up by himself yet, so he sat in Mike's lap while I documented this monumental experience on camera.

All in all, he was very good and let the girl cut his hair. She kept commenting on how much hair he had, and you should have seen how much hair was on the floor when the cut was over! Here are before and after photos:

And now...I'm completely regretting the haircut. He looks SO different! His hair was his defining feature and now we chopped it all off. This new short haircut just doesn't seem to fit his personality - he needs longer hair that's always disheveled. I almost don't even recognize him - with this real haircut, he looks more like a little boy than the sweet baby I know. I already miss his long crazy hair and how we never knew what it would look like from day to day. I miss the emo look:

I miss the crazy bedhead look:

And I don't even know what to call this look:

But what does Cam think of his new haircut? See for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read your blog in awhile, it was great to catch up. I feel like I've missed so much in the last couple of weeks. They just grow up so fast! I see you guys are coming out later this month? YAY! Can't wait to meet the little guy and introduce you guys to Jack!

    ReplyDelete