Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things that have happened since I last blogged - in chronological order

Cameron flew on his first airplane. I changed my first diaper 30,000+ feet in the air. Which means I changed my first diaper in a 2 x 2 box with a toilet. We learned our cousin living in Austin is going to have a little baby girl :) Cameron got to meet his buddy / partner in crime / arch enemy: Jack Mason. They promptly engaged in a tug-a-war fight with baby rings in which Cameron got his ass kicked. Cameron was lectured for over an hour about the great shame that he has brought to our family by losing to a Mason. I became engrossed in reading East of Eden. I'm not even done yet, but I'm ready to proclaim the book a masterpiece. Am I few years behind on this? Mindy got jungle fever at a pedicure establishment - look at her toes and you'll know what I'm talking about. I continue to dominate my nieces in single lap races in the pool where the wake from my dive pretty much drive them into the concrete sides (strategic note: I avoid any races with them that involve swimming skill or endurance). We got a night away from the little man in which we went to The Block, ended up at a bowling alley / bar, drank long island ice teas (the only ice tea worth a damn) and watched 90's rap music videos on a big screen. In other words, it was awesome. Cameron got to sleep every night on his own king sized bed surrounded by pillows. He said his port-a-crib mattress was too lumpy. My mom celebrated her retirement from the workforce. At her party she drew 3 hobby / bucket list suggestions out of a hat which she is now required to complete. Accordingly, she must "pose for a low-rider magazine," "follow Lady Gaga on a tour," and "come to Austin and watch Cameron so that Mike and Mindy can go on vacation." The Graves' family is looking forward to all of those thing happening. Especially Mindy, since she put about 300 of the last suggestion in the hat. Cameron went in his first swimming pool. Like all great men, he quickly decided to forget the pool and chilled in the spa. I walked into my parents house to discover a 4 year-old-boy I had never seen before sitting on a portable toilet in the hallway, taking care of business, and staring at me. We ate the trifecta of California fast food that you can't find in Austin - In and Out, Del Taco, and El Polo Loco. The Blakes and us devised a Bachelor Pad fantasy game. We flew Jet Blue on the way back - which allowed us to partake of some guiddo's having a fist pumping good time in south beach. Mindy got some insider information that The Situation is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. That's right, I just did three reality TV updates in a row. Cameron has decided he is going to stay on California time. Gay individuals were justly returned some civil liberties. Brett Favre allegedly retired again, then hinted that he might not be retiring again, then hinted he may actually be retiring again. Consequently, America has to become aware that Ed Werder exists again. And I got around to writing a blog. That's all I got for now. You have been updated.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I laughed out loud quite a few times. We miss you guys already. Can't wait to see you again soon. Can I assume Daddy Day Care will be switching its focus from sitting to tug-of-war? haha! Oh, and I'm excited to hear that Mindy's toes were such a hit. Make sure she posts a picture!

    ReplyDelete