Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Three Men and a Little Lady

Come February, the Graves household is going to get a surge in testerone - G-Baby is a boy! G-Baby was very cooperative during today's ultrasound and obligingly showed us within minutes that there is no doubt he's a boy (see picture below). However, Mike would like to point out that all that this picture confirms is that G-Baby is at least part boy...we won't rule out that he's not a hermaphrodite until we see him at birth!


Earlier this week, a co-worker Rachel told me she thought G-Baby was a girl because of the high heart rate. My office mate Gina thought it might be a girl because I haven't seen signs of "the hairy line." Daddy P was convinced it was a girl because I kept getting motion sickness. In the end, Chris, Jenee, and my dad were all right about G-Baby being a boy! To be honest, I was hoping for a girl, but as Mike pointed out, genders of the opposite sex tend to have better relationships, so I guess this works out better for me!

In other ultrasound-related news, the stenographer and doctor said all of G-Baby's measurements are within the normal range and there don't appear to be any signs of genetic defects or disorders. Apparently, G-Baby was all hopped up on the natural sugars in grapes, because he was very busy moving around in the womb during our appointment - the stenographer was amazed at how much he kept moving. Here's a good picture of G-Baby:



For those of you interested in the latest in the name update, now that we know that G-Baby is a boy, Mike is currently championing Striker or Stryker. For someone who works with troubled adolescents, you would think he would know how tramautic a name like Striker/Stryker will be! By the way, Mike tried to negotiate a deal with me in the doctor's office: if I agree to give him unconditional naming rights for G-Baby, he will not only agree to have a second child, but he will let me pick the name. Request denied.

And now, let the name battle and nursery bonanza begin!

2 comments:

  1. I've posted this everywhere, but I'm so excited you guys are having a boy!! I think it will be so cute to see him running around with Jack. On the name front, I think Stryker sounds too much like Dora the Expolorer's nemisis. "No swiping!" So the teasing might even begin in the pre-K years!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys. Brian and Christie won't know until the 14th. Wouldn't be be cool if they had the girl since you guys are having the boy? A complete flip flop of you and Brian. When you are ready for #2 let me know. I have a recipe that is 99% accurate in determining the sex of the child.

    ReplyDelete