Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Afternoon at the Movies

Every Tuesday, Alamo Drafthouse welcomes babies to the first showing of any movie they are showing that day. I mentioned this to Mike and told him I thought it was a fun way for parents to go out with their babies. Mike's response was, "Why would I pay to go see a movie where babies are crying when I could stay home and hear a crying baby for free?!?" I do feel bad for any innocent movie-goers who aren't aware of Alamo's Baby Day policy - they must be surprised when they show up to a movie theater full of babies!

So today Cameron and I met up with Leslie and Kevin Hoard, and Cam saw his first movie at the movie theater - "Date Night" with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. I wasn't exactly sure what his first movie-going experience was going to be like because he usually doesn't like to be held while I'm sitting down. He was very good today and slept through most of the movie. In fact, both Cameron and Kevin were quite well-behaved and kept fussing to a minimum. It's funny that we can go to the movies and he'll sleep the entire time, but there's no way we can make it through a half-hour TV show at home without interruption...

For any adults out there who are interested in seeing the movie, "Date Night" was entertaining but you could probably wait until the movie comes out on DVD. (On a side note, we did see a preview for a new movie called "The Others" with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg that looks pretty funny so maybe we'll have to make it back to Alamo on a Tuesday afternoon to catch it when it comes out this summer.) Cam's review of "Date Night": two baby thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. Aah that's great. I forgot to ask you about that yesterday! I'm glad it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete