Sunday, January 2, 2011

Out and About

I just thought I'd share two amusing anecdotes that have happened over the last few days:


1) Mike, Cameron, and I went to lunch one day last week. Our server, who was an elderly gentleman, took our order and then hesitantly asked us, "Does...the person...need anything?" referring to Cameron. As soon as he walked away, we chuckled a little. Obviously, our server wasn't sure if Cameron was a boy or girl, so he decided to play it politically correct. After this conversation, our server must have recognized the ignorance of his question and decided in the kitchen to rectify the situation, because when he returned to our table, he came out boldly and strongly with, "She's so well-behaved." And then he came back with two more "she" references, and every time he left our table, Mike and I got in a good laugh at his expense.


2) Today, Cameron and I were shopping at Old Navy. We walked by a woman and her baby and we sort of made eye contact, so I obligingly smiled at her. She stopped and asked, "Is that Cameron?" I must have looked really surprised, because she said, "I go to the lapsit class at the library with your husband." Wow, I didn't know Cameron is such a celebrity in the Cedar Park Library circle. Maybe he needs to wear sunglasses again like in the old days, so the paparazzi doesn't catch up with him anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment