Friday, July 31, 2009

Welcome to the Bloody Show

Be aware that I will now refer to you as my readers. Or my subscribers. Nevertheless, I want all of my followers to know that the censorship has already begun. The "creativity shackles" are firmly fastened to my typing fingers. I have tried to explain to the "Czar of all things baby" that my people need to hear my unfiltered thoughts. They need total access to my "song of fatherhood," if you will. I want this blog to be a genuine account of the Grave's plunge into parenthood. Apparently, Fuhrer Mindy wants this blog to be a rag of propaganda. She desires to fill this forum with Pollyanna-like half truths. I will not stand by idly and allow this to happen. Disciples, know that you have my word: I will speak nothing but truth.

Allow me to elaborate on my cry for freedom. Mindy has been steadfast in denying the use of "TheBloodyShow" as our blog domain name. She finds the words vulgar and believe they stir up graphic and unnecessary visual images. I find the title catchy, memorable and humorous. I believe it has a bold flare and encapsulates the journey on which we now depart. Indeed, what more is life than one big bloody show?

So, having heard the debate, it is time for you to weigh in. If you feel that "The bloody show" is a good domain name please reply with the words, "I love the bloody show." If you are against the domain name, please reply with one of the following phrases: "I am uptight and possess a limited sense of humor," "I am against free speech and all things America," or "I am on Mindy's side in all issues pertaining to the Grave's marriage." These are your only options, because they are the only possible reasons to not be pro the bloody show.

Well, my minions, that concludes my virgin foray into blogging. This is the point where I have to come up with a good "sign out" tag line. And since "stay classy planet earth" has already been taken, it may take me a few posts to settle on one. I think I will start by experimenting with timeless parental phrases until I find one that makes sense and just rolls off my tongue. Goodbye for now.

I'll give you something to cry about,
Father

3 comments:

  1. Mindy is brilliant. Always do what she says. In other words "I am on Mindy's side in all issues pertaining to the Grave's marriage."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bloody show, but maybe there could be multiple options and we your faithful minions could greedily pick our favorite. A few options might be, "Pusing it on through" or "Is this milk bottle for my cereal or the baby?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin suggests signing off as "Bloody show you later"

    ReplyDelete