Thursday, January 21, 2010

1 cm and counting...

I had my 38-week doctor's appointment this afternoon, and my doctor told me that I am already 1 cm dilated and my cervix is effaced at 40%! He said this is really good news, especially considering the fact that I only had slight cramping yesterday and my body has not had to work too much to get to 1 cm.

All this to say that G-Baby could arrive any day! Exact quote from my doctor: "He could come tomorrow or in a week, but I definitely think you'll deliver before your due date." The countdown is on!

The other day that I've been counting down to is tomorrow - my last day of work before maternity leave! I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to 5:00 PM tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! That is so exciting! When Jack's birth mom was dilated like that she was in labor 24 hours later... I hope you guys can make Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold your breath! I was 3 cm with Brooklyn for 3 weeks before she decided to arrive. I hope it's soon, but try not to think about it. I was sure Jack was coming early and got my hopes set on it and was miserable for the next 3 weeks just waiting... Get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete