Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mike Caught Me

So I have to admit it...just as he accused me in a previous blog entry, Mike caught me being somewhat crafty. One night, I was flipping through a Pottery Barn Kids catalog, and I saw a cute idea of stenciled animals that had been framed. I knew I could do that myself, so I decided to go to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and see what I could do. When Mike wrote that blog entry, I think I was at the kitchen table surrounded by scrapbook paper, glue, ribbon, and paint. I am quite happy with how they turned out - I like that they are appropriate for a baby's room, but they aren't too baby-ish. Voila - here is the finished product!


I also painted some wooden letters to hang as a monogram above G-Baby's crib. Now all we need is for you people to vote to help us decide what the first letter should be!

On a side note, I am definitely enjoying my time off of work. In my first two days home, I have done some baby shopping, ran some errands, walked Reilly, caught up on TV, taken a long nap, and treated myself to a pedicure. Going to work just gets in the way of a truly pleasant day!

Also, I realized that I have never made an official announcement on our blog that my parents are officially moving to Austin! After an unexpected and longer than planned stop in the Phoenix area, they are on the road again and headed out our direction. Hopefully, the rest of their drive will be safe and uneventful and they will arrive before G-Baby does! For those of you who are interested, my dad is keeping a blog: ruddonthemove.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment