Sunday, January 10, 2010

Parental Instructions and Baby Naming Showers

I have 2 things I wanted to say.

First, a brief "naming" focus group was conducted at our baby shower. The group seemed to lean toward Carter. Mindy and I take the voice of the people very seriously. Carter is being taken into strong consideration. If others would like to suggest some more names before the final decision is made, now is your chance. A final verdict will be reached shortly.

Second, does anybody else feel that assembly instructions are becoming just a tad bit presumptuous? I'm putting together the stroller today and find this helpful hint written in capitalized red letters:

Warning: Never leave children unattended.

I mean how broad and unrelated to strollers can that warning be? Did somebody have there child abducted, than sue babytrend because the stroller didn't tell them not to leave the baby by itself? I don't particularly desire general parenting counsel from my stroller, but it makes me wonder why it just stopped with that wise tidbit? I mean, is it okay to drop a baby on it's head? I used to think that would be bad, but judging by the omission of this advice in the instructions, apparently the stroller doesn't think so.

The stroller also included a list of a whole bunch of things one should "never" do with it. This is my favorite:

NEVER allow your stroller to be used as a toy.

I'm not exactly sure what this means. Is there like a "fun-level" where the stroller stops being used for practical purposes and becomes a device of mischief. I cannot "allow" this to happen I guess. Man you have to be vigilant as a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment