Monday, January 4, 2010

T-minus one month...

and still no name. Mindy is one tough cookie to reach a consensus with. I keep throwing out gems like Stryker and John and all I get is "(poignant pause), how about Ashton?" I pity any jury that ever sequestered either one of us. We would be in there for about 2 months making sure we had examined every possible option.

I have officially abandoned trying to make a decision. Instead, I am now attempting to convince Mindy to turn the name selection process into a fun game of fate. Last week, I almost talked her into just asking some random older guy at Olive Garden what his name was and then going with it. Close, but as per usual, we couldn't finish it.

But now I have a real solution. If any of you don't know, the University of Texas is competing for the national championship in football this Thursday night. This is my proposal. If UT wins (and only if they win, because if they lose then I'll just be depressed and in no mood for pithy games) then we name our son after whichever player scores the final touchdown for UT. This gives us a fun story to tell our son and mercilessly takes this decision out of our hands. What do you all think? If we do this I'm rooting hard for Tre' Newton. I think that the name Tre' Graves is just about the coolest. Plus it comes with totally unnecessary punctuation, which is fun.

5 comments:

  1. I think Jordan Graves has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Colt throws to Jordan, who's name do you take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, no edit button...I wanted to edit that previous post... It is a great idea. However, WHOSE name would you choose if Colt threw to Jordan? Based on stats, wouldn't both players get credit for the TD? I suggest it goes to a coin flip if that occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan Colt Eugene Graves.

    I like that, just pack them all in.

    ReplyDelete