Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh, How Our Lives Are Going to Change

As soon as existing parents find out you're pregnant, they feel compelled to gleefully tell you, "Your life is about to change." Mike attributes this to spite - that existing parents are secretly happy that other people are joining the ranks of sleeplessness and selflessness. Last week, we had our first experience where we discovered for ourselves exactly how G-Baby's arrival is going to change our lives.


Some of you may not know this, but Mike and I are both fans of Taylor Swift. Embarrassing, but true. It was announced last week that she is playing in Austin soon. The up side: the show is at the Erwin Center, where I could get us good seats. The down side: her concert is a mere four weeks after G-Baby's expected arrival date. Here's how the conversation went in our household about whether or not we could go:


Mindy: Oh, I heard on the radio this morning that Taylor Swift is coming to the Erwin Center on March 10.

Mike: We should go! I definitely want to go. Remember how last week I said that that was a concert I really wanted to go to?

Mindy: Well, I don't think we can...

Mike: Why not?

Mindy: Because the baby's only going to be four weeks old, and we won't be able to leave him for that long yet.

Mike: Dumb baby.


So, Taylor, we're sorry we can't be at your show, but we will listen to your CD at home on March 10. (And with this blog entry, Mike can officially turn in his man card.)


By the way, just one other update: last week was the first time I was actually able to see my belly bounce around from G-Baby's movement! Mike still hasn't felt G-Baby kick yet...every time he puts his hand on my stomach, G-Baby stops moving. Just the beginning of a mother-son coup d'etat...

No comments:

Post a Comment