Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The One Where She Felt the Baby Move

Up until today, I haven't been 100% sure that I've felt G-Baby move. At today's doctor's appointment, we listened to the heart beat (154 beats per minute) and then there was a muffled sound, which the doctor told me was G-Baby kicking. It happened about five more times, and I could feel it each time! I was really relieved and thought to myself, "Oh, that's what a kick feels like? Well, I've felt THAT for a long time!" It was a total Rachel Green moment - you know that "Friends" episode where Ross and Rachel see the baby on the ultrasound for the first time and Rachel can't tell she's looking at the baby? After Ross points out the baby for the umpteenth time, she's finally like, "Oh, well I saw that. I didn't know that was the baby!" True that, Rachel, true that.


Our doctor also recommended a pediatrician to us. The best thing is that his office is within a few miles from our house. My doctor has six kids of his own and his kids went to this particular pediatrician until he moved his practice up to the north side of town, so I think that's quite an endorsement. So we can cross finding a pediatrician off our list. Now onto finishing G-Baby's room, deciding what to do after maternity leave, interviewing potential day care providers, registering, picking out a name that's not Stryker...the list goes on and on.


I haven't posted a new belly pic in a while, so here is Week #22:




Tomorrow night, Mike and I have session #2 of 3 of our childbirth class, so wish Mike luck!

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, you look adorable. I love reading your updates to see how you're progressing. I'm at week 25 and look like I've got a volleyball under my shirt. I'll have to take a picture and send it to you. Jack is moving a lot more than he did a few weeks ago so look forward to feeling more of a kick than a flutter very soon. Can't wait to hear more! Hope Mike survived the class. ;0) Take care!

    ReplyDelete