Saturday, February 6, 2010

9 cm plus

Upon last measurement, Mindy was almost to the full ten cm. Mindy and nurse tried to push once, but decided to back off and let nature/gravity/burrowing baby do it's thing a little while longer. This is nothing I ever imagined because we are probably within 30 minutes of delivery and Mindy is fast asleep. She has been pretty much sleeping for the last hour. She has truly been blessed with the gift of sleep. It is amazing.

On a side note, I just set a new high score on the Scramble game on my phone (the score is a 172 for all those fellow Scramble competitors). I play this game all the time when I have some time to kill and I haven't set a high score in a couple of months. So this is no small feat. It also has some added significance because I seem to always set high scores on days of major events. On my wedding day I shot a 41 on the 2001 Tiger Woods. Mindy wasn't exactly excited for me when I informed her of this at the altar. But we'll see how she reacts this time when I break my big news as she begins to push. I think it is now fair to say that I perform extremely well at trivial unrelated games while I should be focused on life changing events. Some might call that clutch!

I'm guessing that the next post will probably be much bigger news than this. Maybe I'll score a 180. Or maybe we'll be parents. I'll keep everybody posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment