Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today's the day...or not?

Today is my actual due date...but unless there's a flurry of activity in the next nine hours, I don't know that G-Baby is going to arrive on his actual due date. I went to the doctor this morning, and he gave me a non-stress test, which just meant that I had to wear two monitors on my belly for a LONG time. The doctor was looking for spikes in the baby's heartbeat after he moved, and he also wanted to measure whether or not I was having any conractions. Apparently, G-Baby was a little sleepy this morning, so I had to drink some orange juice to get him to wake up and move a little. After a half hour or so, the doctor seemed satisfied with the results.

I have also progressed to 2 cm and 60% effaced. My doctor said that I should come in on Monday, unless I have the baby before then. At Monday's appointment, we'll pick a day to be induced next week. It is so crazy to think that this time next week, we'll hopefully be bringing G-Baby home!

No comments:

Post a Comment